Just about 2 weeks shy of 7 years ago, my oldest cousin, Rey, passed away from a brain tumor. He had 2 sons, Frankie and Joshua. Today, we celebrated his oldest son's graduation from USC. USC was also Rey's alma mater. I couldn't believe how much Frankie looks like Rey. He even walks like him.
Joshua is 11 now. It will be interesting to see if he has his characteristics as well. He does look like him already. Joshua is our Godson. We got together for dinner last week with him after not seeing him for quite a few months. I need to make sure that we see him more often. I don't want him to think that we are forgetting him.
It was nice to have the whole family together. Even some cousins from Colorado came in. Even the ex's got to come. I would post pictures of Rey, but they are all before digital and I'd have to take them out of the frames & scan them.
I still think about Rey, especially when we have family get-togethers. I'm sure his boys think about him all the time. I can't imagine how they can get along, but I guess you do what you can when you don't have a choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, time flew by!
Post a Comment